Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dia de los Muertos


Did you catch Martha Stewart last Thursday (or was it Wednesday?) and see Robert Mahar making this darling sock skelly?! So cute!
Sock Skeleton


Make pan de muerto for your Dia de los Muertos altar, recipe via artlexia.
Pan de Muerto recipe



Sugar skulls from Martha Stewart
Sugar skulls



Maya's Day of the Dead Cookies from Chocolate Holidays by Alice Medrich, found at Miss Ginsu
Maya's Day of the Dead Cookie recipe



Color in this sugar skull or use as a pattern for paper crafting or fabric crafting
Dia de los Muertos Skull

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! You're posting again! I'll assume that means you are feeling much better. YAY!!!!! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was looking for a Pan de Muertos recipe for our dia de los muretos celebration! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam! Hi Lori! :)

    I'm still feeling pretty blechy over here dagnabbit but boredom has kicked in - fingers crossed, feeling better follows shortly! Thanks so much for your continued well wishes and sweet comments!

    I so want to try Pan de Muerto myself this year Lori - truth be told, I picked this one because of the photo of the bread - I wanted one with bones on it. D'oh. So I don't know how it compares to other recipes??? There are a gazillion online - I'll try to check out some more.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete