Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vintage Comic Books Rednesday


Wednesday is Rednesday at It's A Very Cherry World
please join the fun!

I read at darling Elizabeth's Creative Breathing blog, that there is a Vintage Cartoon Tag Trade Swap going on over at Tammy's In Love.  How fun is that?!

Which got me thinking - I inherited four boxes of my brothers comic books from the fifties and sixties.  Yippie, something to share on Rednesday!


I wish I could say that they were lovingly taken care of but sadly, they weren't. I'm not quite sure what to do with them?  They are yellowed with age and soiled from belonging to children and sitting in my parents garage, exposed to the elements for years.  (Some bear reminders that I enjoyed them too, my young self's scrawl, so proud to be writing my name across them.)  But soooooo not in mint condition for collectors but still readable and the covers are lots of fun. 


 




11 comments:

  1. Oh, those are so great! I remember loving comic books as a kid. Perfect for Resnesday. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great collection! I would be thrilled to get to read them! They are great! Don't get rid of them. Just look at those memories, wow!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what sweet little classics! I can remember these from my early years! I, especially, love Little Lulu and Little Lotta!
    Have a happy Rednesday!
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are old, familiar comics. Thanks for the journey back through time!

    Old Mariachis

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better hand on to these. They are real treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always come up with the best vintage paper stuff! Love those old comic books. I remember reading some of the same ones. Thanks for the Hispanic geneology info. We do have a LDS center close by and I'll have to check it out. My Mom's side was also from Canada. Maybe we're distant cousins 100 times removed. LOL! Is it the first Dad's day without your Dad? It's mine, too. It will be hard, but keep your chin up and do something fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I had some of the comic books I had as a child! I remember a Little Lulu one where she made animals out of kleenex, and the comic came with kleenex and instructions!!

    Lucky you to have these -- hope you'll post some more sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Salley!

    I read many comic books back in the day. It was like enjoying cartoons anytime you wanted and it also gave me practice in reading. Not such a bad thing!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are just gorgeous, thanks for sharing these for Rednesday! I would say frame them- they would look gorgeous on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting these comic books again, and hope that maybe you share a little of the insides in the future! I know I would love it!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete