Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday blog love & other hobble gobble

("Award Free Blog" graphic courtesy of Musings of a Sea Witch)

Happy Monday to everyone!

I just want to take a moment here to say that I'm going to go Award and Tag Free here. Thank you to everyone who thought of me and sweetly gave me an award! I so appreciate your noticing me and being so kind to me.

I'm introverted, shiver at the prospect of talking about myself, prefer to blend in with the woodwork and I, oh so reluctantly (kicking and screaming teehee!) participated so that I would feel "a part of", rather than an outsider.

I always begged off on choosing others to pass the awards on to, feeling immense discomfort at the thought of choosing blog pals over other blog pals ... that is until the number was sufficiently large enough to encompass a group of bloggers who I feel closest to.

With huge trepidation, I did this and I guess my KARMA was laughing at me. The luke warm response really hurt. Here I was doing something I didn't want to do in the first place and I guess no one else wanted to either.

Or was it ME? I went down that road and threw a pity party for myself one day, complete with a one-girl band and the singing of "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me". Sad Sack Sally Day.

Pish posh! Enough of that! WHEW!

So henceforward thank you very much for thinking of me, but no thanks. Okie dokie artichokie?


Ay yi yi! I meant to post photos of my dad and my brother yesterday for Father's Day. Middle aged brain meltdown. I found these two this morning - I never thought my brother looked like my dad at all, but there is such a striking resemblance in these two photos as little boys. My father would grow up to have black hair, my brothers would remain blonde ... both with piercing "if looks could kill" blue eyes.

(my dad as a little boy - he's now 91)

(my brother as a toddler - he passed away in 1995)

We took my Dad and his girlfriend out to dinner at our favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant. I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day yesterday!

A Big Mouthful
A Cottage In The Woods
appears no different from a galloping horse
Carol Egbert
everything vintage
Happy doll
Holiday Frivolities by JoAnn
Honning og flora
Kids napping, I'm scrapping
Les Zigouis
lili scratchy
My Goodness
My Heart's Ease
Ninotchka Beavers
Over the Top Studios
Particules
The Rustic Victorian
What Happens Next

2 comments:

  1. I agree on the blog awards-it's hard to give them to the next blog. You don't want to leave anyone out. Thanks for your comments on Where Bloggers Create. How do you have so many vintage pictures. They are so wonderful, Sally. Have a great week.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie!
    Thank you for commiserating with me over my award conundrum!
    You're very welcome! You have created such an inviting space for yourself, I'm so envious. I just have an unorganized mess, in a multiple-use room. WAH!
    My mother and her family before her, did a great job of taking and saving photographs. On the other hand, there are very few of my father and his family.
    Oh! And my mom took a ton of pictures of my brother and very few of me. sniffle sniffle. No fun being the second child!
    The photo in yesterday's post, is from my relatives book - I snagged it from her book online. :)
    Happy Monday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete