Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rumbly in my tumbly


Original Winnie The Pooh Drawings via the wonderful BibliOdyssey

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh.



"I've been finding things in the Forest," said Tigger importantly. "I've found a pooh and a piglet and an eeyore, but I can't find any breakfast."



I love Winnie the Pooh so much. I'm so glad I still have this charming cookbook from 1969. I looked it up online and came across this darling blog about old cookbooks.



"Nearly eleven o'clock," said Pooh happily.
"You're just in time for a little smackerel of something."

2 comments:

  1. I love old cookbooks too! My favorites are from the 50s and 60s. I have some "handbooks" too for girls which are really funny. Sexist but funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori!

    Aren't they fun! The kind of instructional manuals to wives are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete