Thursday, February 12, 2015

my MIL and Auntie are both in the hospital

Oh gosh! My MIL apparently fell down several times this week, one of those times, hitting her head. My SIL took her to the ER yesterday around lunch time. MIL was moved to another hospital (who accepts her insurance, if I understood correctly?) late last night and we're waiting to hear what the doctor had to say today. The first hospital yesterday said she has a bad UTI and that it could make her "wobbly".

Well, I was on FB earlier about my MIL and my cousin's daughter tells me that my Auntie (her grammie), is in the hospital for exactly the same thing, a UTI and a bad fall. My poor Auntie broke her nose in the fall and scraped herself up pretty badly, she said. I've tried to reach my cousin for the whole story but haven't heard back from her yet.

So it's been a day of waiting and fidgeting.

I've been working on my second mini sampler for A Swap For All Seasons though ... nice to have a distraction to keep my mind occupied. I'll show it to you when I'm done with it and mailed it to my partner.


Happy Thursday and Happy almost Valentine's Day! 



4 comments:

  1. Hang in. Things will get better. Seems when it rains it pours. Sorry about everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a UTI in a older person is hard on them and can cause so many issues. Hopefully it will get resolved with some antibiotics and she and your Aunt will be home soon! sending prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, scary falls! My Mom had the same, fall and they discovered UTI. Seems 2 odd things to have a connection, but obviously is not. Look forward to seeing your sampler later. Distractions are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! I hope your mother in law and auntie are both doing better. but good that they discovered the UTI's. they can be very painful.
    Always good to have a project to work on.. especially for us fidgety people! lol!
    happy valentines day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete