Friday, August 29, 2014

summer afternoon

Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; 
to me those have always been the two 
most beautiful words in the English language.
~ Henry James 

How I loved the summer when I was little! Playing outside in the delicious sun all day long. Swimming pools, bicycles, roller skates, beaches, ping pong, hiking in the canyon, spinning around until I dropped with dizziness, playing tag, skipping - remember how much fun skipping was?! Coming inside only for a quick dinner, hopefully that included corn on the cob and watermelon. And then back outside again until dusk with my best friends forever.

The days of summer are waning. Hold on tight. Don't rush them.
Giggle and eat corn on the cob and maybe even do some skipping.

Wishing you all a lovely long holiday weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of all of these wonderful things we used to do! I am not an outdoor person and I have to push myself as an adult to get outside and ride my bike. When I do that I am so happy! I did it today - yippee! Have a lovely weekend and thank you for all of the visits, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember! Hopscotch and jump roping. Red rover red rover... red light green light. Pogo sticking! Popsicles and ice cream from the ice cream man... so much fun! Those were the days!
    Xoxo
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded us of such good memories! This weekend we are having my MIL 90th birthday party!

    ReplyDelete