Monday, August 25, 2014

and what I made my partner for ASFAS


As my mom used to say, "sorry for chewing my cabbage twice", but I thought I'd share about the first half of my very first outing as a participant in Linda's A Swap For All Seasons. (So sorry this is repetitive - I like to keep this online record of what I've made for myself as a kind of diary and also to share with you guys.)

I was given Deb, of Garage Sale Gal as my "recipient" of a handmade Halloween card and tag and also orange destash items.




I knew that Deb likes vintage things.  I found two vintage photos in my mom's family photo album and thought they'd be fun to use for witches on my card and tag.  I had fun looking through my things for orange crafty supplies for Deb.

(Sorry! I thought I got okay photos but now I see they're pretty sad. ARGH! Deb has posted and you can see more on her blog.)

Thanks for bearing with me on what must seem like the hundredth post about this swap LOL!

I don't really have another thing to post because this has been "the summer that wasn't"! With my back injury and subsequent eye trauma, I haven't done a thing except watch TV and movies, read, (doing this swap was the one fun thing) ... that's about it. BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

Oh! I lied! We did go out to eat a few times recently and a couple of weeks ago we went and saw the Hal Roach Studio exhibit (Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Little Rascals) at the Hollywood Museum. Tiny exhibit but lots of fun. Again sorry, terrible awful pathetic photos from my phone ...





I had to go back to the eye doctor again last Thursday for increased light flashes in my eye again --- she said no PT for at least another month to be safe, maybe two.  Woe is me. 

Everything seems to involve my bending my head up and down, big NO NO --- she said to think of my eye as a snow globe when shaken --- I can't do my embroidery, or rug hooking or even sort the dreaded filing or carry on with my reorganization and purging plan. WAH!

3 comments:

  1. Sally, I just love your creations, which I saw first on Deb's blog. How great that you used real photos, perfect! I'm sure she is thrilled with her swap package, fab card and tag, and all that fun destash.

    Sorry you are still recuperating, a slow process obviously. :(

    Glad to hear you've at least been out having some fun. That exhibit looks wonderful, right up my alley.

    Feel better, take it easy, but keep some fun in the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your eye is soon healed and you can get back to the things you want to do. At least youve been able to craft.. Just imagine if you couldnt do that! no no.. dont even think about that! lol!
    Love the things you made for Deb as Im sure she does too!
    have a great week
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creations for Deb are wonderful! I hope you heal soon...and that exhibit looks wonderful...lots of fun.
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete