Saturday, August 16, 2014

in the meantime


whinnnneeeee!  My eye doctor had to cancel my appointment on Monday, she ran into complications during a surgery and had to reschedule. (The poor patient ACK! Not the words one wants to hear, huh?!!!)

I was able to see her on Wednesday and the good news is she said my eye is improving - the bad news is that I'm not there yet and I have to be careful for another month or two, it may take that long to quiet down.

WAH!  So frustrating. To say the least.

And it gets even more frustrating ... I returned to PT on Thursday and the rest of the day and through Friday, I experienced more flashes of light in my eye. So I cancelled my hair appointment for this morning since my hairdresser shakes my head around a lot and I don't want to risk another retinal tear or worse. I've got quite the skunk line going. I'd been thinking about stopping dying my hair but this is a real shock to the system, unsettling to see all the gray. Woe is me.

Sure will be happy when I get to the other side of this. 

In the meantime, things are getting decidedly spooky over here. I'm working on some ghoulish goodness - I'm having so much fun playing with all things orange and black for my partner in A Swap For All Seasons.


Wishing you a happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Having patience with something like this is required, but not easy. Take good care of yourself and keep doing what you're doing - err on the side of caution.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I hope your eye is complete better soon! Im sure its no fun waiting!
    In the meantime.. playing halloween games is a perfect way to spend your time. I made my first halloween craft yesterday. may do something else today... we'll see! I'll post about it soon.
    have a great sunday
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You had better nix the PT until the eye is healed. Glad to hear you are enjoying crafting! Love your little witch. Can I borrowl the image?

    Feel better! xo, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sorry for the set backs. Like I always tell our patients that have to wait because of a emergancy etc I say "be glad your not the one in there!'
    But it looks like your down time is giving you some creative time.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you. It's no fun to have health scares, but you definitely need to take good care of yourself. Enjoy our time playing with Halloween crafting.

    ReplyDelete