Tuesday, September 2, 2014

again ... heartbreak

The news is saying that another journalist has been beheaded by ISIS in Iraq, Steven Sotloff of Time Magazine. Overwhelming sadness and despair. Words fail. How to process the ugliness of the human soul? How to live in a world gone mad? 

All I know to do is be kind and pray for an end to this insanity. 


My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
~ The Dalai Lama


Peace Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
~ unknown, circa 1915

1 comment:

  1. I know. I just wrote something on facebook about it. its all too horrible.

    ReplyDelete