Friday, December 21, 2012

a christmas memory

When I was very little, my brother and I would sleep together in the same bed on Christmas Eve because we were so excited and thought it would be fun. I adored my brother so very much and he was my hero.  (He passed away the day after Christmas in 1995, so the holidays are always difficult.)

One year there we were and I was on the verge of sleep and I heard outside of our bedroom window, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night"!  

Santa! 

I mean it must have been my father but ... it sure didn't sound like my father. I can remember that sweet memory to this day and I do believe that I heard Santa :)

 (I used to scrapbook - I did this page about ten years ago or more for a scrapbook group I was in.)

Not believe in Santa Claus!
You might as well not believe in fairies!
~ Francis Pharcellus Church
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus
 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are missing your brother. Xmas always makes me miss those "who walk wth us no more" too. Cute scrapbook layout by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother were always excited to! My Mom said he found out in 1st grade that there was no Santa..however he never told me so I could believe for many more years..I was 2 yrs younger. I guess that was true sibling love.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great memory about you and your brother and Dad. Thanks for the info on the blog hop. I'll have to check it out. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas dear Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat that you have a picture of yourself with Santa!! Such wonderful memories you have of you and your brother!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that quote !!!
    The holidays do stir
    up a lot of old memories
    Let's defiantly celebrate
    and make some new ones
    xox
    topangamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sally, I had to come as soon as I saw your little poodle blog button. It made me laugh! Oh Sally, this post so touches my heart. I am so very sorry you have lost your brother at such a young age. This memory is all the sweeter in the telling. Thank you for sharing. E

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally Annie that is a wonderful memory you have of your brother, I am so sorry he is now longer physically with you. It is hard losing someone but when it is so close to a holiday it is sometimes harder with the memories.

    I love all of your furry babies. We lost our two last year on Dec. 6th and March 6th. Duffy and Penny were both 14 yrs.

    We adopted a new family member in April, Rufus. Of course we did not want him to be lonely so Daisy came in June.

    We fostered a big King Shepherd pup in November ( our first time as a foster family). He was adorable and my husband, who was relectant to foster because he said I would want to keep them all, was the one who could not let him go.

    So, this Christmas we have a full house, and I mean full! They are all huge dogs but they fill us with joy and love.

    It was so nice to have you stop by my blog. When I read you little bio it was like meeting a kindred spirit.

    Stop by anytime.

    Merry Christmas,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete