Tuesday, May 1, 2012

mish mash

It's a dreary Tuesday here in Los Angeles today and I've been  having so much fun playing on ancestry.com, finding out more about family members.  I've even got my husband hooked too, we are a family obsessed. 

And I made the tiniest foray in craftiness this afternoon ... a wee bit of craft dabbling ... good gosh, it's been so long.  AND it felt sooooooooo good. 

Just a little bit of foofing up a birthday present of money and making it more fun when it arrives in the mail.  Don't let anyone ever tell you that you have too many supplies - they are there for times like these, when craftiness takes a hold of you and you don't want to go to the store, but you want to play now!  


I dug around and found that I had this darling aqua washi tape that matched the birthday card, a Martha Stewart "present" punch I'd never even opened, a vintage air mail envelope with aqua insides, some cute scrapbook paper and of course, birthday candles to make those wishes come true!  


Happy dabbling to you!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sally,
    Love your cute crafts. It feels good doesn't it? I'm so jealous you got to meet CHarlotte Lyons. About the Ancestry Family tree Maker-I ordered it, should get here any day. I really checked out the different software programs and decided to go with this one, mostly because it goes with Ancestry. com. I figured it might be easier to figure out. I'll let you know, after I've looked at it. I'm so hooked too-I'm on it all the time. I think the best way to organize it is digitally. I can't imagine trying to scrapbook all that info and than make copies for each kid etc. Anyway I'll keep you posted. Have a good week!
    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie!

      You're a sweetie, thank you! I got such a big kick out of doing such a little project. It's been far too long. Now if I could only dig my craft room out from under all of my parents boxes. WAH!

      Charlotte is just as dear and charming in person as she is on her blog, so it was such a wonderful day - to get to be crafty and meet someone so talented and so nice. AND Pam Garrison co-taught with her and she was so adorable and fun. A day to be remembered! Hoping you'll get the chance to meet them down the road.

      (Oh and the class was at French General too! So it was truly a dream of a day.)

      Thanks so much, that would be so great if you could let me know how you like the Tree Maker program. I want to compile some things myself but not the bulk of it - makes my head swim thinking about it. And it gets so confusing with all the many branches. WOW!

      Thinking of you - it sounds like you're doing well.

      Sally

      Delete
  2. Your package is just darling! It's so true, I often feel guilty about having so many supplies! But as a "crafty" person, I always end up using them at some point! I love when you find the exact right purpose for a supply you've had laying around forever...like it was meant to be!
    Thanks for sharing
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica!
      Thanks so much for your comments and kind words about my packaging!

      Yup, me too - I can't count how many times a craft supply has been sitting around forever and then it ends up being the perfect thing for some project. Crafty serendipity and synchronicity! :)

      Happy week to you!

      Sally

      Delete