Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tea Time Vintage Thingie Thursday

(Please join Suzanne at Colorado Lady blog for more Vintage Thingie Thursday fun!)

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!


This week I'm sharing some vintage china that belonged to my paternal grandmother. We found it in a very beat up box, out in my parents garage. My parents must have packed it up when my grammie passed away and never looked at it again. Sadly, many pieces of the solid purple china at the bottom of this post, were broken into small shards, and unsalvageable.

Anyone recognize this darling tea cup and saucer with Violets?
It doesn't have any markings on the bottom. WAH!

Left: Chugai China (with passion flower?), made in Occupied Japan
Center: No manufacturer's stamp - ornate edge on saucer and footed tea cup
Right: Ohata embossed Moss Rose China, made in Occupied Japan

The remains of this charming set is paper thin, so delicate,
and sadly bears no manufacturer's stamp.

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad you rescued your Grandmothers pieces! Enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly found some great treasures and memories from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sally! What pretty pieces, I really like the footed tea cup! Isn't it wonderful to have the things that your Mom and Grandmother held dar?
    Oh and I have an answer for you! After I saw your post on my blog I too remembered a smaller doll (my friend had all of them) so I did a little snooping! It was Tutti and she had a brother Todd! Now my girls had a younger sister too and her name was Stacie but she was made in the late 90's. Here's a whole list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Barbie%27s_friends_and_family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the tea/coffee server and cups, very nice pieces to own from your grandmother. Nothing better than that.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post. Beautiful china, who needs markings when we have family history! What's funny is my sister Ann visited right before me and we live 8 hours apart! Love how blogging brings her to mind at the most surprising times. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lucky to have those heirlooms -- they are all so pretty. If you haven't thrown them away yet, perhaps you could use the purple shards in a mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Vintage things that belonged to my Grandmother & Mom mean so much to me. You will truly treasure these things for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I call this treasures, since it belonged to a family member.
    I love the violets on the cup , it all is so wonderful, so glad you found it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sally, you have real finds there. I have boxes of chine I need to dig thru in my basement...shame, shame... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am amazed at all the wonderful things that you have from your family. I was going to say use the shards in a mosaic, but Sarah beat me to it! Happy weekend - xox!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sally, Thanks for visiting my blog this week. I don't know much about teacups, but I love them. My Grandmother collected a teacup for every state she visited. Some are the souvenir type and some she bought in antique stores, then put a sticker on the bottom to say where it was from. I remember dusting them as a child. Great memories! Cindy

    ReplyDelete