Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WorkBasket Magazine for Rednesday

(Please visit Sue at It's A Very Cherry World for more Rednesday fun!)

This Rednesday, I'm sharing a craft magazine that belonged to my Mom, the December 1966 issue of WorkBasket Magazine. The cover is pretty beat up but the inside is intact and in pretty good shape.


Here's the instructions for the sweater on the cover,
love the project title, "Loveliest Ornament of All...
You, in Christmas Red".



For your little Elves ...



A "red" ad for Rednesday ...


A fun reindeer bookmark for book lovers


sweet embroidery transfer sheet
which for some reason, includes a Cherry Tree, with ax
... thinking ahead to February I guess???


whisper whisper I'm slipping in a little holiday green
with these vintage recipes
Enjoy!





and back to red, with readers recipes


LOL - pierce your own ears while you sleep
and then learn seat weaving in your waking hours!

Happy Rednesday to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love, love, love vintage magazines. My aunt used to have several and I kept them. I still go 'ahhhh!!' every time I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my girl....How absolutely special to have this magazine..first because it's been kept, it's from your mom, and it's totally vintage..plus .....RED ..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I don't go back that far lol but we did have those Earings that we used to Pierce our Ears. You put them on and just wear them. They Pierce slowly each day and one day I just noticed the Earrings were all the way through! They really did work and that was in the 70's though that was 100 years ago too lol.

    Conni

    ReplyDelete