Sunday, July 18, 2010

Monday blog love

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! On Friday we went out to lunch and saw the movie "The Kids Are Alright", Saturday was a puttering around the house kind of day (hubby went to do some handyman work for his mom and I'm trying to reorganize my craft space) and Sunday, we went to the Long Beach Antique Market.

We got there at 6:40 in the morning!!! OUCH! That's early. Thankfully we missed most of the heat and the crowds - the only drawback was that most of the vendors weren't set up completely at that time (even though the show opens at 5:30 and customers pay twice the admission to come in early).

I got some fun paper stuff and hubby found his railroad spikes he was looking for. We also got some fun old wooden berry baskets for our tomatoes that are finally ripening. YIPPIE! I'll tell you more about what I got later in the week but here's a peek for now ... we're off to see "Inception" and lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant. Happy Monday to you!







Oh my goodness, I found a long list of blog links I had been keeping, so today is going to be a bonanza, a bumper crop of blog love.

People often me ask how do I read all of these blogs?! The answer is, I don't. Sadly, there aren't enough hours in the day/week/month/year, to view all the wonderful blogs out there, let alone read all of them. So these are blogs that have caught my eye while blog hopping and following links and I thought you might enjoy the creativity or recipes or whatever too. & I feel pretty certain (willing to bet the homestead on it teehee) that they're all lovely reads as well if you feel intrigued and encouraged to dip into them further. I think you will find them all soft places to land and cuddle up with for a daydream or two. Enjoy!

A Brit in Tennessee
A Hocking Hill's Garden
A Primitive Place
A Vintage Cottage Home
Antique Images
Blackberry Creek Home Arts
book scout
Chet and Dot
Chicken Blog
Daisy Pink Cupcake
edward and lily
Found in Mom's Basement
Kathy Schmitz
Kristen Doran Designs
Life at Willow Manor
Little Byrd Vintage
Living Details
lucy locket recycled her pocket
Miss Gracie's House
monda loves
monkey do
My Glory Stars
peng peng's place
pink pinko life
Prairie Flower Farm
Rabbit Hill Primitives
Tattered and Lost Ephemera
The Cedar Chest
The Decorating Diaries
The Goode Wife of Washington County
The house in the roses
To Dwell In Primitive Thymes
upon a fold
willy's creations

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! You got some lovely things. :) Thank you for Fujikawa's name. I love her art, and I COULD NOT get my brain to recall it. :) Happy week to you! xox Pam

    PS here is a clip from wikipedia:
    "Gyo Fujikawa received a scholarship to attended Chouinard Art Institute and was on the faculty of from 1933-39.[5][6] She worked for the Walt Disney Company in California as a promotional artist, before moving to New York in 1941. From 1943-51 she worked for pharmaceutical advertising agency William Douglas McAdams."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the amazing sales at Long Beach. Oh to be Rachel Ashwell! So glad your husband found his spikes! Oh my gosh, it's a good thing they don't do our shopping! Have a fun week ahead! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam!
    Thanks so much for the info re Gyo Fujikawa.
    Chouinard is a name from my childhood ... what did it become, Cal Arts??? It seems that so many students from there went on to work for Disney.
    Happy happy Tuesday to you!
    Sally xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth!
    So nice to see you! I've been peeking in over at your place, it's been hard to find time to post with hubby off for two months.
    You're too cute ... thank heavens they don't do our shopping is right! What divergent needs huh, railroad spikes and vintage paper ephemera.
    Happy Tuesday to you,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your tomatoes are doing so well! I ate the first one a few days ago, and it was delicious! I haven't ever had success with tomatoes before this year, so I am just realizing how delicious home-grown tomatoes are!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog! :)
    And enjoy your vintage finds... they look like some of the things my parents and grandparents used to have. I know practically nothing about this stuff because I'm from the younger generation! LOL
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete