Friday, June 19, 2009

Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven








(The photos are from a cookbook my grandmother owned, "Any one can Bake", published in 1927.)

Darling Charlotte of House Wren Studio has a charming post today about baking and kindness. (and chocolate) All I can think of is baking something now!

I had already planned to make a gooseberry pie for my father for Father's Day - his mom always made gooseberry pies for us. Grandma would come over to our house every Sunday night for dinner and she would bring homemade dessert, an appetizer or sometimes even the entree (she made a Chinese dish I've never been able to find a recipe for).

I think I will make these chocolate chip cookies.

I made them when I first saw the recipe and it was a love match. Finally a recipe with enough chocolate for me. Yippie! And I sprinkled sea salt on top. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment