Saturday, April 4, 2015

a swap for all seasons no. 4 - what I received from my partner

 




YIPPIE! Yesterday was another Happy Mail day over here. Super duper stupendous to receive something other than bills, market advertisements, etc. and over-the-moon-exciting when charming pieces, made lovingly by hand come through the mail chute. TWICE this week. WOOHOO.

Yesterday, I received my fourth mini sampler in the A Swap For All Seasons swap, from my partner Joy, of FiFi's Daughter. (My fourth sampler I'm making has just hit the drawing board, in the early stages ... Joy is speedy!) 

Thank you so much for my darling sampler Joy, I love it, so very sweet and precious! First I opened the adorable card --- aren't they sweetest girlfriends?! Joy, I love how you used the scallop, the other-way-round, I never would have thought of that (and am now going to borrow it from you!) and I love the bead accents, never seen that before and um, borrowing that too.  :)

Joy said my sampler was made with Spring in mind and it looks like Springtime. So darling Joy and as I emailed you, not only sweet-as-can-be on it's own, but also because of the yo yo you included that reminds me of my mom - something we both adored. Thank you so very much for my sweetest of samplers and card, Joy. It was so much fun being your partner! 

Happy Springtime!

(I seem to be finding reminders of my mom everywhere this week - I'm missing her and my family so much with the holiday upon us - so very hard to go through them without any family. Sending hugs and love to any other holiday "orphans" out there.)

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute card and pretty sampler you got!! :) Extra hugs for you missing your family sweet friend! Wishing you a blessed and Happy Easter, xox Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly!
      You're a big sweetie pie, thank you for your kind words. Hoping you had a lovely Easter! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Very sweet and so springy! Each sampler seems cuter than the last.

    Sorry you are missing your Mom and family contact. Thank goodness we have our memories to enjoy. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam!
      Thank you for commiserating with me - so sad to be the last in your family - even when they were crazy as loons LOL. Hope you guys had a wonderful Easter.
      The samplers are so much fun, I've got four now, enough for a mini garland. :)
      Happy weekend!

      Delete
  3. What a darling little swap gift! Such talent.
    I hope you were able to enjoy your Easter holiday, Sally. BIG hugs!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica!
      I loved seeing your photos from your vacation and so great you got to spend time with your family. We sure did enjoy our Easter, it was quiet but filled with things we enjoy - hope you and Wellie had a great one!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sallie!
    I just wanted to stop by to say you have the best blogroll ever! I'm grateful and honored that you included my Joyfully Green blog in it--thank you kindly! Looking forward to working my way through all of the categories--they are right up my alley!
    Warmly,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy!
      Thank you so much for visiting my little blog and commenting, so very sweet of you. Hope you find something you enjoy in the blogroll - the length of which is not quite an example of simplifying. ;)
      Happy weekend!

      Delete