Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Fun






Hope everyone has been having an enjoyable holiday weekend!

We went to yard sales and a thrift store on Saturday. I picked up some early issues of Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine – I could kick myself for not having kept my old copies - & I got some darling Golden Books (the illustrations are so sweet), a Bobbsey Twin book and a fun old illustrated book of poetry. Oh and a really old compilation of Mark Twain’s works. And! I finally found two cashmere sweaters to felt for crafts. Didn’t think that was ever going to happen. Yahoo!

Sunday we saw a wonderful production of Thornton Wilder’s play “Our Town” by the Actor’s Gang. “Our Town” is one of the best plays ever written to my way of thinking ... a play about love and remembrance, so very fitting for this weekend of remembering. Truly a must see if you’ve never seen it performed.

And today we saw a charming movie, “Easy Virtue”. I just read it was written by Noel Coward when he was 23. Light and entertaining.

Hoping and praying for peace and an end to war this Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment