Friday, October 8, 2010

Missing you

My big brother, my only brother, my only sibling,
would have been 64 today.
We lost him in 1995 and we miss him every moment,
of every day.




Edited to add: I tried to post this video on the 8th, my brother's birthday, but I couldn't get the video loaded. I guess it was too large to just upload. ARGH! I finally figured out that I needed a You Tube account. Not a whiz at this techno stuff over here. (I haven't a clue why other people's videos are referenced on my video at the end? Help! ) I found some old home movies last year and this is part of one. It is from my third birthday and my brother is teasing me, as always. It cracks me up and brings a tear to see him twirling my curl on top of my head and mugging for the camera. (the woman at the end of the video is our next door neighbor and you can also get a glimpse of our cocker spaniel for the blink of an eye) You may be wondering along with me, why is my cake first, next to a shrub and vine (hey! the same ones picturedin the first photo) and then, next to a fence?! My mother, simply put was not Martha but rather, her polar opposite.


4 comments:

  1. We shared a loss the same year. I lost my husband November 17, 1995. Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, this is such a sweet tribute to your brother. How wonderful that you have the film footage, and I am not tech savvy either and think you did a great job sharing that birthday remembrance with us. Thank you. What a great picture of the two of y'all with the white backdrop. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LV!
    Oh! I'm so sorry that we share such a sad year in common. My brother passed away on December 26, 1995. Sometimes it feels a lifetime ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday, doesn't it? The holidays are emotionally tough times for both of us. Thinking of you and wishing you a very happy week,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny!
    You're a sweetheart, thank you so much for your kindness and sweet comments. Please know you are very dear to me.
    Wishing you a wonderful week,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete