Wednesday, December 25, 2013

have yourself a merry little christmas


We've got a few hours before the holiday festivities begin over here and I thought I'd run by and wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope this finds you in the company of all your dear ones, feeling joy and much loved.

We went out to dinner last night for Christmas Eve and had a lovely time at Shojin. They are so fun and charming there for special days of the year - when we went on our anniversary they took a photo of us holding a heart wreath and last night they gave us holiday stuff to wear for another photo. While you're eating your meal, someone prints out the diners photos and places them in a handmade card and presents them to you after your meal. So much fun!  And as if that wasn't dear and special enough, they gave us a present of a string of lights and darling origami boxes to cover them.



I chose the xmas tree headband and hubby chose the santa hat. gah! I take the worlds worst pictures. 
 
I leaned in so we'd be closer together in the photo and I look like a hump back whale (or a narwhal with the tree on my head LOL!) with turkey neck hahhahahha. Hubby is holding my hand but the result of my moving closer makes me look like I have no arms - and no one told me I put the headband (at quite a jaunty angle, don't ya think?!) all the way at the back of my gigantic noggin (with hair enough for a family of four, mind you!), with a wee Christmas miracle, most of the tree made it into the photo.

Wishing you the merriest of holidays (and better photos!)
and much joy and abundant good health in 2014!


 

8 comments:

  1. Love the photo and card of you two. Happy Christmas to you dear Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas you two! The picture is great. I'm so glad you had a good evening together. Thank you so much for the card:) You are very sweet! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pic. You're having fun - and that restaurant sounds so cool. We had a Merry Christmas and I ate too many cookies. :)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always crack me up, and I am just as critical of my photos as I never take a good one either, LOL! Your both look happy and in the spirit, that's most important. What a great restaurant, just love their custom of the photos.

    Merry day after! I ate and drank too much, fa la la :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop it! it is a cute picture! You could be like my friend...one of her patients family member was staring at her, Patty thought for sure she was going to ask...do you dye your hair? Instead she asked "how long did it take for you to grow that hump on your back?" the crazy things patients/families ask!! At least you don't have a real hump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy New Year Sally and may this year bring you and your husband health and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just re-visiting some of your older posts. You are so funny...the picture that you hate looks cute to me. But I can empathize. I just hate pictures of myself. I feel like every wrinkle and stupid expression is being analyzed...and possibly laughed at...lol! My husband tells me every day how pretty I am and I just can't see it. But I have learned to say..."Thank you." =D

    ReplyDelete