Sunday, January 9, 2011

A lazy weekend

Our last hurrah, hubby goes back to work on Monday. We had plans to take in the new Resnick Pavillion at LACMA but I ended up with a really bad headache - I think it was from my back, for some reason it was really painful Saturday. OUCHERS! So we just puttered around the house on Saturday and laid low.

(photo from LACMA)

On Sunday, we finally made it to LACMA and the new gallery addition. We arrived just in time, by the hair on our chinny chin chins, for the last day of the Olmec: Colossal Masterworks of Ancient Mexico. Fascinating!

(photo from LACMA)

Also on display in the Resnick Pavillion is the most wonderful clothing exhibit, Fashioning Fashion: European Dress in Detail, 1700 - 1915. Just gorgeous! Loved every bit of it. At one point I turned around and happened to turn right into another woman viewing the exhibit and we both exclaimed at the same time how wonderful it was and how amazing the condition the items were in, completely in sync. Too funny!


(photo from LACMA)



(Both photos of exhibit are copyright Museum Associates/LACMA)
First one, found on Fashion Is My Muse
Second one, found on Trolleyla


If you do a Google search for "Fashioning Fashion", there are lots more photos to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. What great photos Sally. I hope you are feeling so much better. That exhibit looks so interesting. Hope you had a good weekend. Did you see Downton Abbey on PBS...so good. There are three more installments over the next three Sundays. I thought it would be up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the photos - I can't take a decent pic to save my life, hooray hurrah for Google Images! I don't much care for the look of the installation but the pieces are exquisite.
    Oh boy howdy, yes we sure did watch Downton Abbey! We're contemplating buying it on iTunes so we can see all four episodes NOW teehee. Loved it.
    Did you guys enjoy True Grit?
    I'll be over later on and say hello - trying to whip the house back into shape and do some major reorganizing. WAH! no fun.
    Happy week to you!
    Sally xoxo

    ReplyDelete