Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How do I love thee ...

I spoke with my dad's girlfriend a couple of hours ago - long story, but my dad wasn't able to have his swallow test as planned this morning. They are hoping that they will be able to tomorrow (Wednesday).

My dad's voice sounds stronger, so it seems that he is gaining a little ground.

I gather once the swallow test is completed, the next step will be having a stomach tube inserted (once he has his swallow test and they document he can't swallow without aspirating).

The delays feel so long between each step, so frustrating.

whineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

Here's a lovely idea to make your Valentine ... How Do I Love Thee tags. A gorgeous printable that you personalize with things you love about your sweetheart.

(There are more creative Valentine ideas on my new heart blog here.)



From EAB Designs. Printable here.


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
~ Elizbeth Barrett Browning

4 comments:

  1. Sally, I really enjoyed your EBB poem. And, when it is your Daddy, it isn't whining. I have a good feeling about him recovering soon.

    God bless you and your family,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here cheering your father on....Hope it all goes well tomorrow. Love the tags and I so love that poem too. Believe it or not the main collection of personal items and Browning papers is right here in Waco,TX. It is a beautiful museum..here is the site http://www.browninglibrary.org/. Thanks for the visit Sally Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, best wishes and prayers for your dad. I hope you are feeling better yourself! Love your Valentines and blog love list! Twyla

    ReplyDelete